Luang Prabang & River Cruise
5 Days / 4 Nights Program of Luang Prabang with LuangSay River Cruise to Thailand.
DAY 1 Arrival
On arrival at LUANG PRABANG Airport you will be met and transferred to Your Luang Prabang Hotel, where your reservation here is for the next 2 Nights and includes Breakfast.
In the afternoon we can visit to the Tad Sae Waterfall, and the village of Ban Xiang Chong which is well known for its traditional Lao weaving in cotton and silk.
DAY 2 Royal Capital City of Laos
Today we explore Luang Prabang, the former Royal Capital City of Laos and now a complete World Heritage Site. We can visit the Principal Temples including Wat Xieng Thong, the former Royal Palace which is now the National Museum and the local markets. In the late afternoon we climb the steps of the Wat Phousi Temple for a panoramic views of the city and the surrounding hills at sunset
DAY 3 Tak Baht ceremony
This morning we leave the Resort early and take part in a very local Tak Baht ceremony, giving Alms (some food & drink, etc.) to the local Monks. We return to the Hotel for your Breakfast.
Rest of the day at your leisure in Luang Prabang, Guide and Driver are at your disposal and available for local sight seeing, Shopping, the local markets.etc. (Again Specific interests etc. can be discussed with your Guide).
DAY 4 LuangSay River Cruise to Pakbeng
After early check out we transfer to Luang Prabang pier to Board the LuangSay River Cruise. (Please note Boat departs @ 07.30am) to commence our cruise up the Mekong to Pakbeng. A continental breakfast is served while the boat is cruising to Pak Ou Village, at the mouth of the Nam Ou River, where you will visit the Tam Ting "Caves of a Thousand Buddha's". Have a buffet lunch on board then stop at a hilltribe village where you can watch the traditional process of Lao whiskey production.
Arrive at Pak Beng around sunset and check in at LuangSay Lodge. Dinner on the terrace, overlooking the Mekong River.
DAY 5 Pakbeng to Chiang Khong
Full breakfast at the Lodge. At 07.00am we re- board the boat for the second leg of the cruise. En route one stop is made to observe rural life along the Mekong and discover minorities, having a buffet lunch on board and continue to HoueiSay where you will arrive before 17.00pm.
This would include:
- Private Transfers, Touring, Transportation, Entrance Fees, etc. with Qualified, English-speaking Guides & Road Transportation by private air-conditioned vehicles in Luang Prabang on DAY 1-4
- Lunch taken at Local Restaurants (or as indicated) on DAY 2-3
- 3 Nights including Breakfast at Your Luang Prabang Hotel on DAY 1-4
- 1 Night including Breakfast & Dinner at Luang Say Lodge, Pakbeng on DAY 4-5
- Bottled Water, Soft Drinks & Cool Towels in Vehicle
- P.A. Insurance (Local Cover) while on Tour
- Domestic Air Ticket (Economy Class) for:
- Air Tickets
- Laos Visa (Available on arrival)
- Hotel "Extra" Accounts, Late Check-out Arrangements, etc.
- Gratuities (Guides, Drivers, Porters, etc.)
- Other Meals Items & Services not indicated in the program
This is the EXAMPLE of the type of Private Program that we can offer – While this can be booked directly as it is, it could also be used as Guideline to help you prepare an individual Program that we can arrange and finalize for you.
Please remember, the very nature of these private trips makes them quite flexible and wherever possible we do try to cater directly to your interests.
Specific costs will vary dependent on Dates of Travel, International Arrival & Departure Flight Times, Number of Clients in the Party, Availability of Hotel Accommodation & Room Category, etc.